Saturday, November 3, 2012

Online-only game in the TLJ Universe?

Hi guys,


Edit: I have just been told this quote actually comes from the 2007 announcement of Dreamfall Chapters, which is misleading, very misleading indeed. Of course: that also means that everything stated below is probably untrue. Don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

I just read something that kinda puzzled me... 


Trond Arne Aas, CEO of Funcom, spoke about the Norwegian government’s involvement in the project: “We will be researching an online-only continuation of the epic ‘Longest Journey’ saga, and we very much look forward to develop new chapters to the Dreamfall gaming community. To see the Norwegian government take such an active role in nurturing the local game development industry is impressive. In return for their trust we aim to deliver a modern adventure game with unique qualities.”


Does this mean that Funcom might also do another TLJ game (but online-only) in the future? (TLJ MMO, anyone?) Or is he simply reffering to DFC? I'm not quite sure what to think of that... As Funcom employees are not allowed to work on DFC I feel like it will be a seperate game. If this is true however I would happily welcome another game to the TLJ Universe, however I feel like a TLJ MMO or any online game would take away the magic that the previous games are famous for. If it means that it will be distributed online-only (I was fairly certain they dropped the whole episodic thing) that means we won't be getting any hard-copies of the game, which essentially is a bad thing as well. So I guess we will just have to wait and see what the future holds, and only time will tell what was meant with this statement.

Source: http://www.inquisitr.com/383718/funcom-announces-long-awaited-sequel-to-dreamfall-the-longest-journey/ 


-WorldsReunited

No comments:

Post a Comment